Psalm 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Holy God in love became.
Perfect man to bear my blame.
On the Cross he took my sin.
By His death I live again.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

10-19-08

I'm overdue for a blog.

I haven't really had a chance to update lately, yet there's been a lot I've wanted to write about, but it seems not enough to blog. lol.

I continue to be really busy and enjoying life very much. God has really been working on my heart lately. I have become more diligent in my devotions and I am finding that I've become a much more joyful person. I am going through one devotional book that takes you through the entire Bible in 1 year and I have another one on its way that I ordered online called Experiencing God! I am finding spending time with God to be a true joy and He is working on my heart through them. He is teaching me so much! :) I just LOVE the season of life I find myself in. I am just so happy :) Not just happy, but JOYFUL. Praise God!

Tuesday is the last night of one of my classes at the Bible Institute. I have a final and I get my paper back. Right now I have a 98.8 in there and I get my paper and I will do my final on Tuesday. As long as I do okay on the final and paper I should maintain my A!!

Our Christmas outreach at my church is only about 6-7 weeks away! Walk Through Bethlehem. It is an outreach that they do every year (this is the 6th I believe). I have gone through it every year (twice last year). It is actually what brought me to my church. I was looking for a church with a good singles group. Though I had been to WTB every year, I didn't know this church had a good singles group, but I saw an ad for it on the power point and decided to try it out. Loved it. And now it feels like family. This year I am going to have the opportunity to BE in WTB at the Cross and Tomb scene. I am SO excited!!!! It's the part at the end where they basically share WHY Jesus came as a baby and what happpened 35 years later, so I basically get to present the gospel through acting! I am so excited for this opportunity. Please be praying I can learn the lines. (I need to get on it!!) Please pray God uses this outreach to save lost souls!

Today was the day we went to visit my uncle. It was SUCH a joy to see him again after it being so long. My aunt and mom were exuberantly happy! We had a great visit with him and his wife and just had a great time!

The elections are soon. I will be relieved when they are over. I'm SO tired of mudslinging ad campaigns. :( I'm also sick of evil Halloween Horror Nights/Howl-O-Scream ads on TV. SO ready for this month to end! I really am praying for this election though that God's will would be done and that He would intervene in it. Kind of nervous about the outcome, but I must trust that God has a plan.

I am excited about the county fair!!! My singles group is going on October 31. (Ride bracelet night and figuring crowds will be down cuz all the kids will be trick or treating and older ones at Halloween parties!) I can't wait. I haven't been to the fair since '05 and let's just say I need NEW fair memories.

I just bought this tonight online:
choose life
So can't wait to wear it! Definitely going to wear it the day I vote :)

Okay well I should go to bed now. I have church in the morning and I need to finish my devotional from this morning. I forgot to bring my Bible in the car today, so I only got to read the portion that was in the book.

Goodnight all! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad you are doing great with your devotionals. i have been journaling a lot and stuff and reading scriptures from a scripture topic book i have.

yeah im ready for the elections to be over with to. itll be my first time to vote. hopefully i figure it out haha.

Bekah said...

Hey Amanda! Hope you're doing well. I moved to Texas! lol Love ya.

Mandy, said...

Hi Amanda,
It's Mandy Reel - I feel like it's been ages since I've seen you.
I found your blog through Meghan's from Titusville!
We have a blog too - thereels.blogspot.com - stop by and check out out - it'll be fun to keep in touch this way and through face book (although I'm not on there as much lately)
Glad to here your doing well!
~ Mandy