Psalm 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Holy God in love became.
Perfect man to bear my blame.
On the Cross he took my sin.
By His death I live again.

Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 Year in Review- A Year of Changes

-Year in Review 2008-
Hello 2009! It's hard to believe 2008 is over! It has been quite the year for me. I know for many, due to the falling economy, 2008 was a rough year. For me; however, 2008 was actually one of the best years I've had in a long time. It was definitely year of changes, mostly good ones. I was going to make a long drawn out month-by-month blog reviewing the entire year, but I just don't have the time or really the urge to anymore lol. So here's just a brief look back at the main highlights.

In January 2008 I began attending CrossRoads Baptist Church. I joined Common Ground, the college and career group and immediately began diving in. This proved to be a very good choice for me. I have had soooo many amazing memories. While last year at this time I was pretty lonely and bitter, now I feel so much joy and have just been so happy. I met an amazing friend this year. Her name is Lynsey and we have had so many wonderful times together. She is moving into my apartment complex TOMORROW!!

I turned 27 in March. I also celebrated my 1 year anniversary at my job. I officially joined CrossRoads in I believe April and joined Curves with Lynsey. I moved from our house to this apartment complex in May. I enjoyed a lot of time by the pool all summer. In July, I took a 3 night Bahama cruise with 3 girlfriends from church. In August a few new people joined our group. I also began taking classes at the Bible Institute in August. I took 2 of the 3 (Hot Topics and Old Testament Survey 2) and enjoyed them GREATLY!!! I can't wait til the new semester starts in 2 weeks! The Gators had a great football season and are headed to the Nat'l Championships next week.

Before I knew it it was fall...we had a LOT of fun this fall and Christmas season. My group from the church kept BUSY. We went to the fair, Universal, and a drive-in movie. The night of the drive-in movie was the night the Fab Five officially formed! :) We've quickly formed to be quite the group! We also had a dress up night at Carabbas and a about 10 singles came out for our progressive dinner. One of the stops was at my house...so that was a lot of fun. Not to mention the first 2 weekends of December most of us were very involved with our Christmas outreach...Walk Through Bethlehem. It was one thing to go walk through in past years, (Ironically what brought me to CRB) but being IN it...that was a whole other experience. I honestly think that was the highlight of my Christmas! I can't even put into words how amazing it was for me being a part of it. I would cry...seriously!

Honestly, this was just such an amazing year for me!!! I have so many memories I just can't put them all! I have made some amazing friends. I also lost a few. This was very hard to go through, but it was something I had to do because of some issues in the lives of those friends that did not line up with God. I grew so close to God this year! I know that the Bible Institute classes really impacted me! Plus having the accountability of friends, namely Lynsey and Amanda Aucoin. Because of those 2 friends I feel that I am pursuing God with a greater passion than I was last year at this time.

Now that 2008 is behind me and all I have left are the (mostly) happy memories it is time to focus on 2009! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me, my family, my friends, my church, my city, state, country, and this world. It is going to be an interesting year (and well, 4 years) that is for sure. I'm almost sad/scared that 2008 ended. It was such a good year I'm afraid 2009 can't top it, but I know that God has a plan for all that lies ahead in '09 and I am excited to see it all unfold!!!!

Love you all.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad 2008 was so good for you! I pray that 2009 brings you just as many blessings! I'm so gald you love your church so much! Happy New Year!